We are so excited to share this recipe with other sweet tooths out there like me (Kristy) and for parents who are doing their best to reduce sugar and fuel their kids with healthy foods to help them learn better, manage moods and have consistent energy all day long.
We stumbled upon this recipe one night when we were enjoying a nice bottle of shiraz and needed a quick sugar fix. Joe had just discovered the Keto Diet and was determined not to break his state of fat burning, and being in strict ketosis, so he reached out to a friend who had Type 2 Diabetes to get some ideas. A few minutes later, he was into the pantry and pulling out a list of ingredients that we had been sent. Somehow these basic ingredients which were full of incredible brain-building healthy oils and low in sugar were going to change our Saturday nights and create the perfect treat for the whole family. I think everyone in our close network and family have all been forced to try this because we are so hooked on it…
So now to the good stuff…
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ½ cup coconut butter
• ½ cup cocao
• 1 serving Dark Chocolate Protones
• Pinch salt
• 1 cup shredded coconut (natural without sugar)
- Slowly melt the coconut oil and coconut butter in the oven, sauce pan, or microwave (remember to stir every 60 seconds if you use the microwave)
- Pour the melted coconut oil and coconut butter into a large bowl
- Add the other ingredients (cocao, Protones, salt, and shredded coconut) into the bowl and stir well until everything is mixed together
- Spread onto tray with baking paper, or pour into silicone chocolate moulds
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set and then store in the fridge
We love scouring the internet for amazing sugar free recipes that are easy and actually taste good, like this one from Sugar-Free Londoner
We love these Dark Chocolate Protones, which you can get at 10% off with code 10OFF
Not only are they great in desserts and smoothies; like this one on our KetoEvolved Facebook Page , but the whole family can throw them in a purse or gym bag and have them on hand as a nutritious snack later in the day.
If you’ve enjoyed this content and gotten some value, please ? Like and Share so we can help someone else experience the benefits of eating low sugar…
- AUS +61-419-522-252
- USA/CAN +1-619-537-8095
- UK +44-7537-131-300
3 thoughts on “NEW Sugar Free Kids Chocolate Recipe”
We (my 9 year old and I) can’t wait to try this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing this! Looking forward to future videos!
Please let us know what he thinks…we love seeing kids choose low sugar alternatives that they really enjoy