Scrambled Eggs with Kale and Onion Pesto
The Kale adds in Vitamin C, K, and A. It's also includes important anti-oxidants which help in lowering inflammation, reducing blood pressure and improving mood. Kale can help in reducing skin ageing, stress and controlling symptoms of cough and cold. The crunchy texture of Kale also prevents it from getting slimy and wilted like other green leaves, like spinach.
- Place a frying pan over low heat and add 1 tablespoon ghee. Add the onion and sauté for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale and cook for a further 4–5 minutes or until softened, adding more ghee if needed.
- Remove from the pan and place in a blender. Blitz for 30 seconds, or until fully combined.
- Place your frying pan back over low heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon ghee. In a bowl, gently whisk the eggs and add to the pan. Add 2–3 tablespoons onion pesto to the eggs and stir using a wooden spoon. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Serving Size 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 406kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 25.9g40%
- Total Carbohydrate 3g1%
- Protein 22.3g45%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Just getting started with low carb/keto or looking for some easy and delicious recipes? Download our 21 day Keto Meal Plan here...